Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome to the 2010-2011 School Year!

Welcome to the Cragmont Elementary School library blog for the 2010-2011 school year. Here I will be posting book reviews, information about using the library and details about special events in our beautiful space. My name is Mrs. Jackie Overlid and I am very excited about being your new librarian!

We are already in our third week of school and all our classrooms have visited the library and checked out books. We have shared classic books, new titles, oral folktales and stories told with help of our fingers. There are lots of new titles in the library and next week I will add some mini-booktalks about some of my favorites. A booktalk is like a movie preview for a book, a short description to share with someone to get them interested. This is a great way to practice talking about what we have read and articulating why we enjoyed a book, just be sure not to give away the ending!

Please feel free to come introduce yourself and say hello. I am looking forward to meeting many more members of the Cragmont community.

No comments: